Saturday, December 24, 2005

Thinking about a Book

I’m just now figuring something out. I like having stuff to do. Interesting stuff. Not just ironing and reconciling the checkbook sorts of stuff (which is on my hit parade of things to do this weekend), but interesting stuff. Last night I printed out the file that’s got all the channeling I did for the Channeling Archives at Talking to Spirit. I’m gonna write a book. Or, I’m gonna corral all those interesting quips and tips they had to say into a book. And, I’ve been casting about for a title. I think it might have just got writ. Quips and Tips from Folk in Spirit. Sort of informal. Could come from listening to “Hot Rod Sleigh” by Toby Keith. Or, talking to Jake yesterday. Keep it simple. Keep it ordinary. If it’s catchy it’ll hook something.

A book oughta keep me busy for awhile. Blogging around the other day I came upon 2 separate blogs where the folks had a store with cafepress as part of the url. Curious me investigated and discovered they also do books. So, that’s where the germ of an idea took hold. Germs do take hold. The settle in comfortably in a corner of your nose and tickle for a bit. You don’t think about that little tickle as being the forerunner of a full blown Christmas sick do you? No. But, I just fired off a three sneeze salvo and I’m betting it could turn into my usual Holiday Sick. Great. Don’t think about it. Push on and if I need to I’ll take a DayQuil.

Anyway, I thought last night what I needed to do in order to have an organized book was to start with the chapter headings. I thought of a few and as I read through the channeling others will come to me. Damn, but I need to write this stuff down as it occurs to me. Short term memory sucks.

  • Love

  • Understanding

  • Fear

  • Illness & Healing

  • Death & Beyond

  • Other Lives

  • Changing Habits

  • Right Company

  • Money

No comments: