Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Where I Start Cleaning My Desk

There have been times in my life when I felt sort of rudderless, that one day followed the next and the only thing to mark time passing were holidays that popped up and surprised me because I was totally unprepared for them. It always feels to me as if I am living in a fog during those periods of time. I get up, I go to work, I come home, I watch television or I read, go to bed and do the same thing the next day. Looking at my life in those terms I would say it was totally boring. I can’t blame anybody but myself.

So, I just need to get out of this rut. For me I know the best way to do that is to make way, clear the way, clean up my area. I actually started doing that the other day when I threw away some really old and expired toiletry items that had been taking up space on the bathroom counter. It’s not totally cleaned up, but it sure looks a bit better. There’s more room for the cats to sit.

It was a start.

Next is my desk. In front of me the clutter has to be 6 or 7 layers deep. As the cats leap from scanner to printer to my desk and back again I fear each time they will skid and the entire thing will go swooshing off onto the floor taking my cup of coffee with it. Bad dream.

I know it really won’t take much. All it took in the bathroom was throwing away a few things. All it’s going to take here is the same thing.

Okay, I can play “I spy” as I sit here. I spy a lottery ticket. Let’s have a look at the date: eeee December 19, 2007. I believe I didn’t win. I can throw that away. The winning numbers were: 8, 18, 27, 41, 44 and the mega number was 18.

Next: 2 pieces of paper dealing with me faxing a test fax to our new fax machine. I still don’t have it working perfectly, but I can throw those away. By the way, it’s http://www.faxzero.com/ if you want to send a fax for free to somebody. You can do two a day. The first one usually doesn’t work, the second one does, so figure on one free fax a day.

A recipe for Rocky Road Brownies from my co-worker that is absolutely fabulous:

Rocky Road Brownies

1 – 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate morsels
1 ¼ cups sugar
4 eggs
¾ cup
plus 2 TBS flour
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups chopped walnuts (I used 1 ¾)
3 cups miniature marshmallows (Says 2 ½ but 1 cup on top covers more)
2 sticks butter

Large microwave safe bowl. Put butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Melt.

Add sugar and stir and let it cool. Add vanilla and beaten eggs and stir together. Sift
in flour and salt and mix together. Add ½ cup of chocolate chips, 1 cup of chopped walnuts and two cups marshmallows. Mix together

Put into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
for 22 minutes (less than 25 min). Take out and sprinkle the remaining chips and nuts and one cup of marshmallows over the top. Press gently into the brownies. Put back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Cool.

So, that written here for posterity I can put the recipe away. I’d already lost it once, so now my behind is covered in case I lose it again.

Enough cleaning up. I need to get ready to go to work. More later on.

No comments: