Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Guide Talk

I am compelled to be busy.  I’ve got a great many things I want to do, and yet, I never seem to get any of them done.  I’ll work on one until I lose interest or energy for the project and then turn my attention to something else.  But, for some reason I never feel fulfilled.  When I stand here and look back at all that I’ve done it appears to be a lot of stuff.  So, why this feeling of dissatisfaction?  

It would be nice to be able to walk through the meadow and enjoy myself while I’m doing it rather than have ye old nose to the grind stone all the time.  

I’ll have to think about this one.  Maybe a guide would like to talk?  And, poof, here I be.  Hello?  Hello, yourself.  You’re a guide?  Yes, who did you think I was, your fairy godmother?  Well, no.  But, it was like you were standing right beside me or something.  I didn’t feel the pause before your entrance.  You were right there.  Right.  Same as with all the other guides around here.  Right here.  Same as with everybody out there.  Got a guide right beside you.  

In answer to your query it is, as you say, rush, rush, rush most of the time with you.  The trick is to have a plan in place, some objectives that you want to accomplish.  Whether they are short term or long term doesn’t matter so much as you’ve got your oar in the water on both sides and aren’t inclined to be going about in circles all the time.  A plan.  A direction.   A place to go.  The other thing is to plan on quiet time.  Deliberately, at least once a day, take a deep breath and don’t do anything.  Don’t think.  Don’t do.  Be still.  It’s like a vitamin for your spirit.  Another thing you can do is to trust in yourself.  You’ve got a plan.  You’ve scheduled in some quiet time.  Let the rest of it just take care of itself.  You’ve put things in motion.  The people you need to meet will show up when you need them to show up.  It doesn’t matter that your house looks like shit.  Excuse me?  Well, that’s what you think.  Well, you could have said cluttered.  Why?  Okay, plain talking.  And, she sighs.  Like I said, it looks like shit.  But, who cares?  Nobody but you and your husband are here.  Your neighbor on occasion.  Who said you had to spend 2 hours a day, which is what you would have to spend on your house to have it look as beautiful as you want it to look.  Do you have an extra 2 hours to spend?  Well, no, I don’t.  Then, stop worrying about it.  Just let that bunch of worry slide by the wayside and not have it be a part of your life anymore.

Now, just for the sake of argument, pretend that you don’t have that to worry about anymore.  How do you feel?  Like crying.  Why, I would think it was a relief not to have to worry about a messy house anymore.  Well, it is, but now there are a whole lot of other things that are crowding in for me to worry about.  Ah, so it appears you’ve got a “thing” with worrying?  Yes, I think so.  Can you let them go one by one?  The worry you have is not the glue that holds your universe together, Dear.  Just let them go one by one.  And, that’s enough to work on today.  Our blessings.  

No comments: