Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dinosaurs

Sometimes I find it difficult to meditate. This morning was like that. I decided to do some healing instead. I thought of a friend and of his friend and felt a very definite connection. I offered. I don’t know if it was accepted. But, it’s sort of like waving hi at somebody you know across the street. This long distance healing stuff. I didn’t stay long. I was concerned a little bit about pushing healing on somebody who hadn’t asked for it. Now, that I think about it later, I realize it’s like an insult; if the person reacts and accepts it, it becomes an insult. If it just rolls off their back like water off a duck’s feathers, it’s not an insult. So, same thing with healing. If you offer it fine. You aren’t going to be foisting it off on or forcing it on anybody who doesn’t want it. If they want it they’ll take it.

In any case, I moved on to the thought of doing some healing on me. I’ve got enough aches and pains to warrant it. And, I began. But, it wasn’t long before my mind started moving into past life regression stuff. And, I wondered anew at the time I had a Reiki treatment and I flashed on the soldier who had died in a war, on a battlefield with the earth heaved up like a gopher town and whose head lay 15 feet off to the right. That was me. That was when I screamed bloody murder. That was when my shoulders which had been really hurting for months suddenly felt better and stayed better for a very long time after that. Okay…so, past life injuries and trauma relate to present day hurts and that’s where my mind wandered this morning.

But, the odd thought occurred to me. About ghosts. In all the lifetimes that a person has wouldn’t it be possible to have been and STILL BE a ghost? What if you’ve got a ghost out there somewhere? What if you walked into a place where your ghost was? What would that be like? I’ve never heard of such a thing, but it was one of those very clear, very oddly psychic moments when I thought about what it would be like to have your very own ghost.

And, so that brings me now to a meditation, to a prayer that would bring in all the separate parts of yourself. Can’t hurt, can it? One thing I don’t like is when I’m scattered. When I’m thinking about 15 things and worried about 12 of them and hurt on top of all of it. I’m scattered. And, I don’t feel like I’m firing on all cylinders. I want it all pulled in. I want me to be more in control. I want to feel more focused. So, what if you’re scattered through different lifetimes?

I’m going to hand off to the guides now so that they can do the meditation.

And, so we might begin. Imagine and it is so. Does it matter? No. Rather than pulling all these rotten and stinking and hurt pieces of yourself into a cohesive whole instead think of how you are connected to all. Think of the dinosaurs. They are extinct now, eh? Well, they moved on. Their dna is still within you. You are star stuff. You are all related. The continuity is there. Think of how you are connected to beings from way back then. Think of the dinosaurs. Smell the air. Sometimes it stank. But, it stinks of fresh. It stinks of new. Think of it. Imagine it in your mind’s eye. Think of how you think it might look. That time so long ago. Think back to the dinosaurs. A long time ago. Allow the impressions that come to you freedom to play out. You are safe. You are an observer, but you are more than a mere observer. You are a participant. You are remembering what it was like. You are one. All of you. You are one. Our blessings and have a nice day.

No comments: