Saturday, February 11, 2006

Drawing...Maybe

Okay…I’m moving into an area I’ve shied away from. Art channeling. I can’t draw worth a crap. Period. I took a drawing class years ago based on Betty Edward’s technique of, “Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain”. It actually worked. I was able to draw. And, learning to draw that way puts me into a meditative state of mind. It also sorts of skews the way you look at the world temporarily. I actually needed it to learn how to channel, but I wasn’t to realize that for a long time. However, back to drawing. I’ve got a book to publish. I’ve gone back and forth and finally decided that I am not going to get an ISBN for the book. This book is for folks coming to my site who’d like to see all the year’s worth of channeling in one place and not go blind reading it on their monitors.

But, moving into the final editing process has been like pulling teeth for me. I just don’t want to do it. I printed out the book in a paperback book size and I’m not pleased with it. There aren’t enough of the daily channeled sayings per page. It sort of overwhelms me. If I don’t like it I can’t expect anybody else to like it either. So, I thought to make it a larger size and maybe have a spiral binding rather than be a bound book.

Anyway, the guides suggested this morning that if I considered that I’d already agonized through the editorial process several years ago with these same channeled bits of info that I really didn’t need to do it again. They said I might think of it in terms of shifting them about a little. What they did suggest to me (not for the first time) was to illustrate the pages a little bit. They said one picture per chapter would be sufficient if that was all I could come up with.

Except I can’t draw. But, I can channel. And, I can try it. That’s where I run into an old psychological problem, I suppose. Can’t even get off the starting block.

So, the project today will be to meditate, to pray and to try. That’s all. If it’s okay to look at I’ll post it on the blog.

No comments: