Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday

I made a list of things to do this weekend and spent the last 2 hours doing something totally different. As I was scooting around on the internet this morning some info about new collapsing ad units with Google Ads caught my eye. It involves using an alternate url and I’d actually already set a few of them up to do something else when the ads weren’t available, but what I had wasn’t appropriate for all pages and it sort of verged on looking tacky.

But, when the ads are not available it just looks stupid to have a big gapping hole with nothing in it. So, that solved a really long standing, nagging thing for me. I busied myself replacing all of my ads on my links pages.

Then I started reading some of the blogs on my blogroll. I noticed one person had her Google ads at the bottom of each entry. Only the most recent 3 show up because that’s all you are allowed to show at any one point in time. But, it looked good. I really admired it. Many times I notice as I read blogs I’m either reading content or I might start reading sidebars, but generally, I’m not reading both. And, face it, you go blogging because you want to read what the folks have to say. That’s where your eyes are going. So…I’m going to try this out for a little bit to see what happens.

Actually, this is a little trickier than I thought it was going to be.

Yikes...it worked. Took me awhile...it's 9:30 now...and, I started 3 hours ago working on this. Well, it's worth it. Now, the ads are going to run at the end of the first 3 posts. I've freed up the side for the other things that are there and also put a link to my other site at the end of each post too...Also, for glitz a nice line. For somebody who doesn't know what she's doing I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

No comments: