Sunday, February 12, 2006

Slippers I Made

I just finished making myself some slippers. I've been needing some and rather than go buy a new pair I made some. Started yesterday and finished them up this morning, so it's a quick one to make.

I used a pattern called Soft & Comfy Slippers I pulled off of the internet that came from a website called Crochet Pattern Central.

I, without fail, never make a test swatch. I'm too impatient for that. Anyway, I thought about it this time and then decided not to. I was making them with the largest hook for the larger size. Just as I was finishing off the first sole I realized these would only fit somebody with a size 6 foot. In my spiritually advanced old age my feet have grown longer and wider. At least, that's what some people say. Anyway, they aren't the normal size 7 anymore. They're 8 wides. And, this dainty little slipper wasn't going to make it. So, I repeated the 2nd row two extra times as I got to going around the sides. That did the trick. They fit perfectly. So, if anybody is going to make these either do the test swatch first before you start or adjust it to fit as you're nearing the end.

No comments: